TWITCHCON CODE OF CONDUCT
Please read this Events Code of Conduct. By seeking to attend TwitchCon in any capacity (general attendee, sponsor, exhibitor, media, partner, staff, or employee), you agree to abide by this Code at all Twitch official and related unofficial social events, and to cooperate with the event organizers.
Twitch believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This Events Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for TwitchCon participants’ behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. If you find yourself asking whether or not you’re crossing the line, chances are you shouldn’t do it.
- Be considerate, respectful, and cooperative
- Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these venues
- Respect the rules and instructions of the venue and venue staff
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers’ on-site staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable Behavior & Prohibitions
- Possession of weapons
- Possession of any illegal substance or illegal drugs
- Possession of alcohol in any open cans, bottles or other receptacles, except in areas specifically designated for consumption of alcohol and as allowed by the event and venue rules. Please drink responsibly.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language
- Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact
- Inappropriate or unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes, touching, groping, and sexual advances.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome photography or recording
- Intimidation, threats, stalking, following, or creating any apprehension in other attendees
- Activity that may endanger life or lead to physical harm to yourself or others
- Sustained disruption of or annoyance to talks, presentations, or events
- Disturbing the peace
- Discriminatory or offensive language or materials, especially related to gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, or disability
- Any intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, offensive, boisterous, derogatory or demeaning language or conduct
- Any lewd or obscene language or conduct, including sexually explicit or offensive language or materials or obscene gestures
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of event venues
- Committing any unlawful act
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
TwitchCon organizers enforcing this Code may, at their discretion, take any action they deem appropriate, including asking an attendee to stop unacceptable behavior, reporting the attendee to security, or expelling the attendee from the event without a warning or refund (including no refunds of sponsorship contributions). Attendees are expected to comply immediately with requests from the event organizers. Attendees who violate this Code may be prohibited from participating in future events. All determinations of unacceptable behavior are in the event organizers’ discretion, and decision(s) of the event organizers’ on-site staff are final.
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify the event organizers.
Designated Twitch staff will be available during TwitchCon to help contact security or local law enforcement, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior. You may report unacceptable behavior to any designated Twitch staff, or you may reach them via the contact information provided below.
Please note that professional security is onsite at all times and is available if needed.
Event Organizers’ Contact Information
Please find someone on our event staff to assist you, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.