Please Read this Events Code of Conduct. By seeking to attend or attending an event in any capacity (general attendee, sponsor, exhibitor, media, partner, staff, or employee), you agree to abide by this Code at all Twitch official and related unofficial social events, and to cooperate with the event organizers.
Twitch believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This Events Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for event participants’ behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. If you find yourself asking whether or not you’re crossing the line, chances are you shouldn’t do it.
- Be considerate, respectful, and cooperative.
- Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these venues.
- Respect the rules and instructions of the venue and venue staff.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers’ on-site staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable Behavior & Prohibitions
- Possession of weapons.
- Possession of any illegal substance or illegal drugs.
- Possession of alcohol in any open cans, bottles or other receptacles, except in areas specifically designated for consumption of alcohol and as allowed by the event and venue rules. Please drink responsibly.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes, touching, groping, and sexual advances.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome photography, recording, or livestreaming.
- Intimidation, threats, stalking, following, or creating any apprehension in other attendees.
- Activity that may endanger life or lead to physical harm to yourself or others.
- Sustained disruption of or annoyance to talks, presentations, or events.
- Disturbing the peace.
- Discriminatory or offensive language or materials, especially related to gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
- Any intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, offensive, boisterous, derogatory or demeaning language or conduct.
- Any lewd or obscene language or conduct, including sexually explicit or offensive language or materials or obscene gestures.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of event venues.
- Committing any unlawful act.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Guidelines for Streaming, Photography, and Recorded Video
Unless otherwise indicated by clear signage or prior approval by Twitch, livestreaming in Twitch booths, partner lounges or parties is prohibited. These locations serve as safe spots for partners, staff, and community members to interact and hold private conversations, and your respect of these areas is appreciated. To record video, take photos, or for vlogging (which are allowed), please be considerate of others, get permission from those who may be included in your content, and stop filming if asked. Violation of this policy by Twitch users will be treated as a violation of our Community Guidelines.
Event organizers enforcing this Code may, at their discretion, take any action they deem appropriate, including asking an attendee to stop unacceptable behavior, reporting the attendee to security, or expelling the attendee from the event without a warning or refund (including no refunds of sponsorship contributions). Attendees are expected to comply immediately with requests from the event organizers. Attendees who violate this Code may be prohibited from participating in future events. All determinations of unacceptable behavior are in the event organizers’ discretion, and decision(s) of the event organizers’ on-site staff are final.
Twitch also reserves the right to suspend any account at any time for any conduct at an event that we determine to be inappropriate or harmful.
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify the event organizers.
Designated Twitch staff will be available during events to help contact security or local law enforcement, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior. You may report unacceptable behavior to any designated Twitch staff, or you may reach them via the contact information provided below.
Please note that professional security is onsite at all times and is available if needed.
Events Team Contact Information
For all incidents please alert:
We encourage attendees to take and share their own photographs. We also will be documenting the event to share pictures with others, and post those materials on our group’s social media accounts. Anyone (including the event organizers) taking photos is expected to follow this policy.
Photography should be treated like other potentially harassing interpersonal interaction. If an individual says “stop” or “leave me alone”, the interaction must end. And, moreover, attendees should not attempt to photograph that individual again. Photographers should use judgment and be considerate of the people in their photographs, especially if photographing individuals with whom they are not personally acquainted.
By attending the event, you agree that Twitch may tape and photograph you, and record your voice, conversation and sounds, including any performance of any musical composition(s), during and in connection with your appearance and that Twitch shall be the exclusive owner of the results and proceeds of such taping, photography and recording with the right, throughout the world, an unlimited number of times in perpetuity, to copyright, to use and to license others to use, in any manner, all or any portion thereof or of a reproduction thereof in connection with the event or otherwise. For purposes of clarity, you expressly waive any and all moral rights you may have in connection with your appearance.